Monday, January 14, 2008

Liftoff, we have Liftoff!

Houston - we have a problem.

We've kept our baby monitor, even though the boy is almost 2 1/2 years old. I like that I can hear pretty clearly that he is starting to stir in the mornings, and it lets me sneak in a shower before he's fully awake. Today, as I was starting to dry off I suddenly heard frantic crying and the baby pushed through the bedroom door to greet me.

Oops. Guess we've figured out how to get out of the crib! He was fine, as he was soon jumping on our bed, but now I'm left asking myself what to do... Did this shake him enough that he's not going to give it a try for awhile? Or is he going to try flipping over the rail at the first opportunity? Do we convert to the toddler bed finally? I admit - we've been holding on to the ability to "corral" him a little bit at night. And H just pointed out a problem - this kid sleeps in about a hundred positions a night. Sometimes I can hear him rolling up against or kicking the crib sides in his sleep. Once we convert the crib, what's to keep him from rolling right out? Ah me... Do bed rails fit on toddler beds? Off to investigate...

No comments: