Sunday, February 10, 2008

Help, I'm slipping into the Twilight Zone...

Cah-ray-zee weather lately around here. I guess it pretty much amounts to "snow squalls." The sky suddenly darkens, huge fat flakes fall to the ground (or sideways if the 40-mile-an-hour winds gust up), thunder, lightning, and over in half an hour. It lasted a bit longer tonight, just in time to complicate a drive home from my mother-in-law's house.

From the "What Were They Thinking?" Files: There is a restaurant on a corner of Main Street in our little town. It used to be a Thai place, but not too long ago changed to Italian. I'm quite sure that running a restaurant is not an easy business, so I've got to hand it to anyone who tries. But they've been putting a mannequin out front, dressed in a chef's outfit, with a big "Welcome" sign between his hands. I wish I could figure out a way to drop an anonymous suggestion that it's just, well, creepy.

No comments: