Saturday, May 26, 2007

At least it wasn't a cuss...


Driving in New England has turned me into an aggressive driver. It's survival of the fittest, really. The commute to my former job included a traffic rotary of epically asinine proportions. Large numbers of lanes shrinking to one only to expand again, while at the same time offering four-plus choices of destinations with everyone jockeying for position to get where they needed to go. Needless to say, the pre-Daniel commute started to include much colorful language.


We've now been blessed with construction in our much-smaller town, which happens to be nearly outside our front door. Needless to say, leaving our street has become trickier. Daniel and I sat in the car yesterday, hoping for the tiniest window in traffic. Exasperated, I finally said," Come ON people, get a move on!"


A small voice echoed me from the back seat," Pee-pow. Pee-pow!" I was still hearing this as we prepared for bed last night.

No comments: