Monday, June 09, 2008

SuperMommy - 0, DestructoKid - 1

Our condo can be a tight space. It has been great for a couple, and even worked pretty well for a couple plus baby. Now that we have a 2.5 year old in our midst I despair over ever catching up with the clutter cleaning.

How is it that toys can be strewn from one end of this place to the other, and the only help I can muster up from the little one is if it's a "grown-up" chore? Move the laundry from washer to dryer, and I've got a little assistant. Sweep the kitchen, and I've got an extra pair of hands. Don't get me wrong, I love that "little helper" part! But the rest of his time is spent leaving toy bits in his wake as he moves from room to room. I've started working the ol' vanishing act on some particularly pesky items. So far we are missing one set of legos and several Little People sets. The tool bench went MIA for a few weeks, only recently reappearing - and is in danger of going poof once again. Nothing seems to work about picking up toys, so I'm resorting to a little Mama Magic.

If only that could have saved our kitchen screen. Three weeks to get the re-done frame back from the local hardware store. It does make for a convenient way to get rid of any toys that Daniel decides to drop through the hole in the door...

2 comments:

Darcie said...

I know how you feel. It wasn't until very recently (my daughter is nearly 3.5 years old) that the annoying trend of toy trails has whittled down. Lucky for me, I have a 7.5-month-old in her wake starting the same trend!!!

Pamela said...

Start now - the clean up song works for my girls.

Mama's rule - you can't take out another toy until you pick up the one all over the living room floor.

Wait until they figure out they can open all those plactic bins all by themselves.

L,
PC