Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Hug


The HR department at my former job published a calendar one year that included all the oddball holidays that are out there. You know the kind: International Smile Day, National Pork Grilling Day, etc.


Who knew it was Screaming Toddler Week?


And how is it that Screaming Toddler Week has coincided with said screaming toddler deciding to start giving out real "honest to goodness" hugs? Don't get me wrong, Daniel has been affectionate and a cuddler - well, on his terms. He is a boy with lots of places to go and things to do after all. But after a screaming, hair pulling, howler-monkey kind of day this week Daniel looked up at me and said, "Hug?" and wrapped his little arms around my neck. Thereby melting me into my socks for the rest of the evening. Just for good measure one of these was bestowed upon Dada as well.

No comments: