Thursday, November 01, 2007

Snot (a) Post


I haven't been able to pinpoint exactly when it happened, but Daniel has become aware of when his nose is full. This elicits much sympathy from Mama when he has a cold and is just feeling generally miserable.

Not so much when it is tantrum time and he proceeds to scream and cry himself snotty. He stops. He gets an odd look on his face, and swipes at it in a pique of fury yelling nose, Nose, NOSE!!!

Any tips on teaching a two year old how to blow his nose?

He also charmed the pants off me yesterday when during a diaper change he proceeded to start naming off body parts - not his own, but mine. Pats my arm - Mama arm. Reaches up - Mama eye. Makes hand motions until I lean closer, then pats my forehead - Mama bangs.

I almost fell over howling with laughter. Maybe it comes from us being all talk and no action about cutting his hair? We're always saying, Come here honey. Just let me cut your bangs a little bit...

3 comments:

Daisy said...

Cute! Definitely a classic moment.

Pamela said...

I can't wait to see his hair... please don't cut it until we have a chance to get the kids together for a playdate!

pc

Anonymous said...

When Grommet has a runny nose she'll actually say "Running! Keenex!" and then it's a race to get a tissue into her hand to wipe her nose (which she does herself) before she starts to swipe at it with her hand or a sleeve.